Scratching the surface of fun things to do in Atlanta, Georgia
Although you may be quite tempted to remain surrounded by beauty here at Kimpton Shane Hotel, we encourage you to resist. After all, the Capital of the South awaits you with all her sublime and witty charms, indoors and out. We promise you’ll have stories to tell when you return.
- Gaze at works by Monet, Tournier and Ernst at the High Museum of Art. Partake in jazz, drinks and art every third Friday.
- Catch a performance at the Tony Award-winning Alliance Theatre, premiering more than 100 original productions.
- Take in the Grammy Award-winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, performing everything from classical to postmodern jukebox.
- See a Broadway show, rock concert or comedy performance at the cultural gem known as the Fox Theatre, which opened in 1929.
- Run, stroll or bike through Piedmont Park, offering a Saturday farmers market, public pool and splash pad, dog park, plus big annual events like Midtown Music Festival and Atlanta Dogwood Festival.
- Next door to Piedmont Park is Atlanta Botanical Garden, home to 30 acres of flora and fauna, giant topiaries and glass sculptures.
- Visit the world’s only giant panda twins and other charismatic creatures at the Atlanta Zoo. You can even take a twilight tour with night-vision technology.
- Live music abounds in this town. A few of our favorite venues include Blind Willie’s Blues Club, Aisle 5, Eddie’s Attic, Smith’s Olde Bar and The Tabernacle.
- Sip beverages from around the globe at the World of Coca-Cola while learning the story behind this iconic brand.
- Via 22 miles of abandoned railroad tracks, Atlanta Beltline circles the city’s in-town neighborhoods with trails and walkways — with parks, fitness classes, bars, dining spots and public art along the way.
- Head to Ponce City Market for the huge food hall, shops and a rooftop that offers family-friendly fun by day, cocktails by night and skyline views always.
- Discover trendy shops, restaurants and bars in the charming Virginia-Highlands neighborhood, once a streetcar suburb of Atlanta.
- Historic Westside Atlanta lures you in with a bastion of hot new eateries, salons and shops tucked into an industrial vibe.
- Soak up the sun and the deals at Atlantic Station, an outdoor shopping mecca featuring the ever-popular IKEA.
- Atlanta is a college town. Make Kimpton Shane Hotel your home base for touring Georgia Tech, Georgia State University, Emory University and some of our nation’s more famous historically black colleges and universities including Morehouse College and Spelman College.